how to use kitchen food slicer:
The basic job of a slicer is to slice uniform slices of different types of foods. It’s an essential tool for every kitchen. today we will discuss how to use kitchen food slicer? there are two basic types of slicers -manual slicers and electrical slicers. here we only discuss manual slicers which are for usually home kitchen use.
How to use a watermelon slicer:
Watermelon is a very delicious fruit with many health benefits. Because of being larger in size sometimes it is difficult to cut it in slices. But thankfully, there are many useful gadgets to slice a watermelon perfectly. There are different types of watermelon slicer available in the market, namely, watermelon cutter, windmill slicer, watermelon slicer, etc.
Now let’s take a look at how to slice a watermelon using different types of a slicer.
It is basically circular in shape with two handles on both sides. The inner part is made of stainless steel. There are gaps inside the metal parts so that the slices come out.
- NEWEST SUPERIOR DESIGN: Your best solution for eating watermelon design by...
- PERFECT CUBE SLICES: The watermelon slicer is designed so that you can cut...
- QUICK & EASY TO USE: Stainless steel 18/8 Watermelon Slicer is an serve...
How to use it:
- Cut the watermelon from the middle into two equal parts. Slice off both ends for better resting support.
- Place one portion vertically on the smaller side.
- Place the watermelon cutter on the red side of the sliced portion.
- Hold the handles and apply mild pressure so that the watermelon comes out in slices between the gaps.
This way watermelon slices will come out along with the green skin.
Windmill slicer comes with the handle and a star-shaped head similar to windmill fans. The arms of the windmill head are slightly sharper.
How to use it:
- At first slice, the watermelon equally into two halves.
- Take one portion. Start from one end and slowly run the head of the slicer through the flesh of the watermelon.
- Arms of the windmill will cut out watermelon cubes of equal size.
Windmill slicer is a very good option if you are looking for smaller skinless slices from the watermelon.
Plain watermelon slicer:
It comes with a handle and two semicircular metal parts which are attached. There’s a gap between the attached metal blades so that the watermelon slices get stuck between them.
- Prep watermelon in seconds!
- Mess free watermelon prep!
- Slice and scoop Rubber handle for comfortable grip
How to use it:
Cut the watermelon into two halves.
how to use a cheese slicer:
how to tighten wire on cheese slicer
how to slice cheese without a slicer
how to use a mango slicer:
mango slicer how to use
how to use a spiral slicer:
how to use apple slicer:
how to adjust apple peeler corer slicer
how to use an apple peeler corer slicer
how to use an apple slicer
how to sharpen slicer blade
Maintenance and cleaning of a slicer :
The slicers are widely used in kitchens to slice meats, cheeses, vegetables as well as fruits. Cleaning a slicer regularly will extend its life. It will avoid health risks due to the reproduction of bacteria from the food.
To clean a slicer thoroughly without taking risks, follow these tips:
- Do not use steel fibers that can scratch the surfaces.
- Perfectly clean the circular blade front and rear.
- Carve all parts of the slicer with soap and hot water, rinse with hot water and pat dry with a towel.
- Spray a disinfecting liquid over each part of the slicer and allow it to dry.
- Sharpen the blade and disinfect it after doing so.
- Check that the gaskets and seals are ok.
- Verify that no screws or parts have been loosened.if find any broken parts must be replaced or repaired.
- Cleaning should be done every time you change from one type of food to another.