Fire in the kitchen could happen at any time. That may cause danger if it could not prevent at once. A kitchen fire can occur from a gas furnace, electric stove, electric fittings, or electrical wirings. Today, we will show you how to prevent fires and burns in the kitchen.
Today’s discussion is mainly about preventive measures. After that, I give some cure measures for the kitchen fire. That is the measure that should be taken before the fire.
prevention step of fires in the kitchen:
Proper use of gas stove:
- Gas is used in cooking. Gas explosions can lead to fatal accidents. Therefore, special care and awareness must be taken for this. E.g.
- At least 15 minutes before lighting the gas stove, the kitchen doors and windows should be opened. And the ventilation should be satisfactory.
- Do not turn on the gas key at once. Instead, light the fire by turning it on a little, and after catching it, increase it as required, there will be no problem. If the lamp is suddenly turned on completely, the fire may come and pick the body. If someone is wearing synthetic clothes, it can catch fire at any moment.
- It would help if you also replaced the hosepipe of the gas stove, which is cut or other parts are damaged.
- Make sure the gas stove is completely turned off before going to bed or going out of the house. If you go somewhere, you must turn off the gas.
Many times we use many types of equipment using multi-plug in one plug. If the load is high, you will be in danger. It is better to use one device from one plug.
Proper electrical wiring or equipment:
- The electrical lines in the kitchen should be checked regularly every six months. If a faulty line is found, it should be repaired quickly. It will be possible to prevent accidents.
- Use the right quality electrical wiring or equipment. Avoid using damaged or substandard electrical equipment. Do not use damaged electrical equipment. Get it fixed in time. Do not use broken plugs.
One bucket of water and sand:
Always keep a bucket of water and sand in the kitchen. These help to put out the fire.
Fire extinguishers should be stocked according to fire risk. Training should be taken on the application and usage rules of fire extinguishers.
It is better not to wear loose clothes while cooking. Cook after cotton cloth. Do not cook on the opposite side of the wind. The light of the fire may come and touch you.
Now let’s talk about what we should do as a conscious person in case of sudden fire in the kitchen, at home, or outside.
If there is a fire, what to do?
- Turn off the furnace. That means quickly turn off the gas key. Turn off the main gas line.
- Turn off the electricity. It is also fuel.
- Close doors and windows (keep airtight as much as possible).
- Quickly remove anything that could ‘burn’ from the side.
Now try to put out the small fire. Pour water or cover with a lid or wet cloth or use an extinguisher. If there is a big fire, it is better not to try it alone.
Police station, Fire Service, Hospital:
Contact the nearest fire service office. Note that in this case, always keep the emergency phone numbers such as the nearest police office, fire service, hospital on your phone, or at hand – so that you can ask for help in case of emergency. Or you can call 999 for help.
Oil fire extinguishers and some precautions:
The use of water in oil is dangerous if it catches fire. This can cause the oil to rise above the water and spread the fire further. In this case, cover the fire with a portable foam type fire extinguisher, dry sand, wet and coarse cloth or burlap sack. Foam oil is safe to use on the fire.
When the foam is spread over a fire, it extinguishes the fire by shutting off the oxygen or air supply. Good results can be obtained by working in that manner, especially in the event of a fire in a gas cylinder. If there is a fire on someone’s body or on the clothes worn on the body, the fire will be extinguished if it rolls on the ground or grass.
What to do if the clothes catch fire:
If a person is burnt in a fire, he should lie down in such a way that his burnt part is open and the cloth should be removed from the burnt part very carefully.
If the cloth gets stuck in the burnt part, other clothes of the body should be cut without pulling it. Then cold water or ice water (if not such water) should be poured on the burn until taken to the doctor or hospital.
caution: The wound should not be touched or rubbed in any way.
Never leave electrical appliances with direct electrical connections.
Do not hold the electric switch with wet hands in the kitchen.
There may be a short circuit. There may be a fire. You may even die.
Panic, fear, restlessness in any bad situation – these cause more damage.
In order to reduce the risk/damage in case of fire, the first and most effective thing to do is to keep a cool head, understand the situation, make the right decision and act accordingly.
Note that many people do not want to use the water burned in the fire. If any part of the body is burnt in the fire, pouring water in it is very beneficial. Because if the water is poured, the deep part of the body will be protected from the wounds of burning in the fire.