How to Use a Meat Slicer:
|1||BESWOOD 10" Premium Chromium-plated Carbon Steel Blade...||1,760 Reviews||$318.00||check the price|
|2||Meat Slicer, Anescra 200W Electric Deli Food Slicer...||2,554 Reviews||$109.99||check the price|
|3||CUSIMAX Meat Slicer Electric Food Slicer with 7.5”...||3,105 Reviews||$119.98||check the price|
|4||Meat Slicer Electric Deli Food Slicer with Removable...||4,780 Reviews||$79.99||check the price|
|5||Meat Slicer, Techwood Electric Deil Food Slicer with...||1,110 Reviews||$119.98||check the price|
At first, you have to make sure that the meat is in proper condition. We highly recommend not to use your meat slicer on frozen meat or meat which has bones. You should go through the user manual to identify all the parts correctly. You have your meat and meat slicer, now let’s take a look at the following steps
- How to Use a Meat Slicer:
- How Often Must a Meat Slicer be Cleaned and Sanitized When in Constant Use:
- Firstly you need to wash your hands thoroughly. Then put on a pair of gloves.
- Hold the pusher arm. Lift it. Now place the food/meat in the product carriage. Place the pusher like before by guiding it into the place. It should hold the food/meat.
- Open the gauge plate according to your desired thickness.
- Then turn on the unit.
- Operate the carriage back and forth. Do it in such a way that the food moves across the sharp, spinning blade.
- Check whether the first slice matches your desired thickness or not. Adjust according to your need.
- Keep pushing the carriage back and forth manually. Go on until you have sliced the required amount of food/meat.
- Your slicer may also contain automatic mode. Use that to finish your job.
- Turn off the meat slicer. Carefully close the gauge plate by turning the blade back to 0. Then remove the product.
- Clean the slicer as needed.
How Often Must a Meat Slicer be Cleaned and Sanitized When in Constant Use:
A meat slicer is used for slicing not only meat but of different vegetables, fruits, and cheese. Follow the safety instructions very carefully. Avoid using your hands directly. Don’t try to slice fruits, which contain seeds using your meat slicer.
How to Clean a Meat Slicer :
It is essential to clean your meat slicer properly. A meat slicer is very likely to spread cross-contamination because of slicing raw meat and other food items. The steps of cleaning a meat slicer are mentioned below.
you may see also-
● Firstly, set the thickness to 0.
● Wipe both sides of the blade with a gentle scrub pad. The slicer should be in motion. This way, all the large food particles will come out.
● Now disconnect your meat slicer from any kind of electric supply.
● Keep the gauge plate in a completely closed position. Make sure the sharpening stone is not in the way. Carefully bring out the product tray, slice deflector, and the center plate. Wash all the parts by softly rinsing them with warm water, soap, disinfectant, etc.
Cleaning the Blade:
You can either clean the edge by removing it or leaving it in its place. If you remove it, make sure to handle it very carefully while cleaning.
In case of washing it in the fixed position, clean the front and back parts of the blade in an outward motion. Reaching all areas can be a bit tricky. Use warm water and soap while wiping the blade.
Cleaning Other Exterior Parts:
Clean all the outer regions by a gentle rinse with a soap solution.
Sanitization and Drying:
● Spray a sanitizing solution on all the parts before assembling.
● Then dry the machine in the air or by using a towel.
● Using a spray lubricant, carefully lubricate the slide rods.
● Make sure to lubricate the parts which are more likely to destroy after coming in contact with water.
- Always wear cut resistant gloves.
- Go through the manual to find out which parts are dishwasher-safe.
- Do not use metal scrub. It may scratch and stain the machine.
- Never submerge the machine entirely in water.
How Often Should a Meat Slicer be Cleaned:
A poorly maintained meat slicer can be the reason behind significant health hazards. Moreover, the machine is less likely to last for a longer span if it is not timely cleaned. So it is essential to know how often a meat slicer should be cleaned:
- You should always clean the slicer if you are switching between raw and cooked meat.
- Always clean the slicer while switching between meat, cheese, and vegetables.
- If you use your meat slicer daily, you should thoroughly clean the machine every day.
- If the meat slicer is being used continuously, the FDA recommends to clean it after every 4 hours.
How to Sharpen a Meat Slicer Blade :
After repetitive usage, a meat slicer can become blunt over time. If your slicer produces uneven slices or if food often sticks to the blade, the slicer blade needs to be sharpened. You should always make sure that the meat slicer is clean before sharpening the blade. Instructions to sharpen a meat slicer blade are as follows
- Unscrew the bolt in the built-in sharpener.
- Liftoff the blade sharpener and turn it 180 degrees. Tighten it while the sharpener stays over the blade.
- Turn on the slicer.
- While spinning the blade, press and hold the sharpen button.
- Do not hold the button for more than 1 minute at a time. Then release the button.
- On the sharpener, there is a front finishing button. Press it briefly to smoothen out the edge of the blade.
- Turn off the machine.
- Return the sharpening tool to its original place and tighten it as it was previously.
- Gently clean off the metal residues.
Without a meat slicer, you can slice your meat.but that is possible only in your home kitchen and while the meat quantity is little. Your meat slicer blade be sharpened and cleaned after every couple of weeks. Keep an eye on the shape, size, and quality of the sliced product to know when you should sharpen the blade.