Melissa is a mom and cooking fanatic. She enjoys trying various recipes and always searches for the latest appliances to make her kitchen modern. She...Read more
To save our earth, we need to use eco-friendly small kitchen appliances in our kitchen. That will save some energy. Nowadays our planet is becoming a wormer—the main reason for that about the extensive use of fossil fuel. We are using a lot of energy to fulfill our daily needs. If this continues, our next generation will face problems for their existence. Here are some eco-friendly kitchen features –
best eco-friendly and least smelling refrigerator:
- The gas R-600 is isobutane, a combustible gas, but it is eco-friendly and more efficient than 134. At low pressure, the R600 gas can provide the necessary cooling. So nowadays, most eco-friendly refrigerators use R-600 gas.
- Mix vinegar with an equal amount of water. Wipe the walls, shelves, drawers, and seals with this solution. Keep the door open in the fridge so that the smell of vinegar disappears.
- Dilute lemon juice in little warm water and rinse the inside of the fridge. Also, on the shelf, you can leave half the lemon at night. The bad smell will go away.
- Mix 1 tablespoon of hydrogen peroxide in 1 liter of water. Rinse in the fridge with the resulting solution. It entirely removes odors from the eco-friendly refrigerator.
- Baking Soda is quite effective in removing any odor. Pour baking soda into a container and refrigerate. That will absorb the smell of the fridge.
- Refrigerate with coffee powder in a pot or plate. Leave it in the fridge for a day. Coffee absorbs the odor of the refrigerator and keeps the fridge odor-free.
eco-friendly kitchen cleaning products:
Many people work hard to clean the kitchen. Here are some ways to keep the kitchen clean with cooking utensils:
Clean your kitchen with cooking materials:
- The fruit fly is very annoying for every kitchen. If you leave the fruit in the fruit basket for a while, that surround it. There are several ways to get rid of them. Pour three drops of liquid soap in a bowl of vinegar and leave it loose near the basket. Fruit flies are fond of the smell of vinegar. They must run towards the container. But since there is a liquid soap, once they sit in the bowl, they remain there.
- If the glass or pot breaks and falls on the ground, it’s hard to clean at all. Rub the place with a few wastage loaves of bread. Even broken pieces will stick to the meal.
- Scrubbing bronze or brass utensils is quite tricky in your kitchen. You can clean it with tamarind instead of ordinary dishwashing soap. Another right way is tomato sauce. Spread a little tomato sauce and rub with a cotton cloth for a while. Then rinse.
- There are two types of stains on kitchen walls. One, which is oily. Two, which can be cleaned in water. For example, if there are wine stains, mosquito, or sauce stains, the tissue paper should be soaked and rubbed. If the cooking oil-ink stains, apply a little dishwashing liquid soap in lukewarm water for a while. Then clean with a cloth.
- Many fancy people have wooden tiles on the kitchen floor. But wooden things are more challenging to keep clean. An easy way is to mix one-tenth of white vinegar in one bucket of water. Then wipe the floor with that water.
- Many people use iron or cast iron utensils. Heat two tablespoons of oil in this container without rinsing regularly. When it boils, add a few pinches of salt. Then wipe the pot clean with a paper towel with the help of tongs. In the end, if the coating area of the container is cracked, wash it with vegetable oil.
- If you find odor coming from the kitchen sink or any other part, rub it with lemon juice and ice. It is better if the vinegar freezes and forms ice. Put a little baking soda in a container to keep the smell of food inside the fridge from mixing with other foods.
- While Cleaning kitchen tiles, there is a more natural way. Mix one cup of baking Soda in one bucket of water. Then clean with a sponge.
healthiest eco-friendly rice cooker:
We found two eco-friendly cookers for you:
Electromagnetic radiation that has a wavelength range of 1 micrometer to 1 millimeter is called infrared web or infrared radiation. Used to communicate between two very close devices. The heating coil of the infrared cooker generates that heat heats heat and the pot placed on top of the coil. In this case-
No unique container is needed. The same pots with which we cook in a regular oven or gas stove can be used for cooking in an infrared cooker.
An infrared cooker, infrared rays are used to heat the pot.
Cooking with Induction cooker:
Induction cookers use electromagnetic waves to heat the pot without providing direct heat. As a result, heat is not wasted.here-
Not all types of containers can be used as containers in induction cookers (the containers used must have ferromagnetic properties).
Cooking is faster because more heat is generated in less time. And by controlling the temperature, the current can be controlled, so it is largely energy efficient.
Infrared cookers take longer to cook. It will take about thirty minutes to cook the same cooking in an infrared cooker in twenty minutes that will be cooked in an induction cooker.
Infrared cookers are riskier. The heat from the stove spreads around during cook, make it tough to stand while to cook. And if You have a baby at home, the infrared cooker is quite dangerous.SO we suggest you use an induction cooker in this case.
The Induction cooker surface is flat and can be easily cleaned.
Besides this, we can use these for an organic kitchen-
(a) eco-friendly rice cooker:
there are many rice cookers in the market in which inner pot is made of non-stick Teflon. This coating is used to prevent the rice from sticking to the wall of the pot. If the surface scratched, it might release poisonous chemicals, like PTFE and PFOA. When it enters our body, it accumulates in our brain, kidneys, lungs, thyroid, and liver. Moreover, aluminum can go in the minds of persons, which causes Alzheimer’s disease.
It would help if you concerned that a Teflon coating is easily scratched with metal utensils, like kitchen spoon or spatula.
An eco-friendly rice cooker is made of with Uncoated stainless steel. That is Safe to use at excess temperatures and will not leach harmful chemicals into your food. It can also be recycled at the end of its life.
(b) eco-friendly pressure cooker:
- 7-IN-1 FUNCTIONALITY: Pressure cook, slow cook, rice cooker, yogurt maker, steamer, sauté...
- QUICK ONE-TOUCH COOKING: 13 customizable Smart Programs for pressure cooking ribs, soups,...
- COOK FAST OR SLOW: Pressure cook delicious one-pot meals up to 70% faster than traditional...
Usually, a pressure cooker is made of with metal.because this has to take a heavy pressure. Your pressure cooker will remain Eco-friendly when it consumes less energy than other methods of cooking or cooker.
It would help if you looked while buying an Eco-friendly pressure cooker whether it consumes a less pressure built up from the steam inside it.
(C) eco-friendly kitchen knives:
When you think about an eco-friendly kitchen knife, you can consider the facts described here.you can use a kitchen knife made of one-piece steel design. That eliminates plastic or wooden handles from the grip of the blade. You know- every type of vinyl for our eco-balance. And mature wood is becoming a rare day today. A stainless steel handle also gives your knife a life long warranty.
(d) eco-friendly dishwasher:
Nowadays, eco-friendly dishwasher detergent, eco-friendly dishwasher tablets, and eco-friendly dishwasher soap are essential eco-friendly small kitchen appliances. You can use any of them to wash and clean your kitchen utensils.
Here we are describing the recipe of eco-friendly dishwasher detergent. It also can save your money.you can make it in your home with four simple main ingredients. they are-
Washing Soda – (1 cup) This is a natural substance, which is made of salt and limestone.it’s scientific name is sodium carbonate.
Borax – (1 cup Borax) This also comes from nature. it also can be created in a lab. It is a toxic element.you should keep it out of the reach of toddlers.
Kosher Salt – (½ cup salt) this is pure salt.
Citric acid – (½ cup citric acid)
How to make it:
Mix all of the ingredients and store them tightly in a jar.
Use as much as you need. You can use ass vinegar to the rinse dispenser if you want to see the best results.
(e) eco-friendly cookware:
- 8-piece nonstick cookware set includes 8-inch fry pan, 10-inch fry pan, 1.5 quart sauce...
- Aluminum body with non-stick coating for easy cooking and cleaning; BPA-free
- Comfortable soft-touch handles stay cool during use, vented glass lids let steam escape
Eco-friendly cookware will be safe for the environment and not be harmful to our health in every sense.
Cast iron cookware: Cast iron cookware could be your choice as eco-friendly cookware because it’s sustainability.
It is made in a way that does not hurt the environment.
Stone cookware: Stoneware is another sustainable, eco-friendly cookware. You may love this because if you take of it, it can last you forever. Moreover, the older it gets, the better it becomes.
Ceramic Cookware: This is clay cookware that’s could be baked to high heat. Safe to handle and made from natural ingredients.
(f) eco-friendly cabinet paint:
Eco-friendly paint is made from different types of natural materials,like-clay, milk proteins, balsam, and other minerals.usualy eco-friendly paid is used for internal use .it’s more safe to use in your kitchen for nature. when you decide to buy an eco-friendly paint for your dream kitchen, You have to pay attention to these things-
whether it’s labeled low or no VOC.
See if it’s certified by GEI(GREENGUARD Environmental Institute).
mark if there is a certified organic label.
(g) Eco-friendly spatula and spoon:
- 🍀【wooden spoons for cooking】The wood kitchen utensil set is made from natural teak...
- 🍀【wooden spoons 】The handle of cooking set is perfectly polished, which is smooth...
- 🍀【wooden cooking utensils】This wooden kitchen tool set includes shovel, soup spoon,...
When you think about eco-friendly spatula or spoon, you have to choose wood or bamboo utensils.they are made of composite material safe for our nature. Various designs of wooden and bamboo spatula, spoon, and chopsticks are available in the market. I like the Olivewood spoon, spatula, and chopping board very much. Although they are a little bit costly, they are unique and safe for regular use. You can also choose an edible spoon when serving the dish. It’s A very exceptional, healthy, and wise option for keeping the safety of nature.
(h) Eco-friendly countertops of the kitchen:
Eco-friendly countertops mean many things to different people. How it is made, what is the materials, its fabrication, fairness of wages, effects on the environment, carbon footprint, useful life, the afterlife, etc? You may decide which aspect are most important to you.
Below are the most popular eco-friendly countertop materials (with brands that we offer):
- bamboo butcher block (Teragren)
- recycled paper (Paperstone & Richlite)
- recycled glass (Vetrazzo, Greenfield, IceStone, etc.)
- recycled porcelain tile (Crossville, Interceramic, Dal, American Olean, etc.)
- quartz (Cambria, HanStone, Silestone, CaesarStone, Okite, etc.)
- stainless steel
- stained concrete
- salvaged logs
- repurposed hardwood
- sorghum board (Kirei)
- natural linoleum (Forbo Marmoleum)
- natural stone e.g., limestone, granite, marble, soapstone, and quartzite (numerous brands)
Scientists are looking for alternatives to fossil fuels to save the environment. If we can choose the right eco-friendly small kitchen appliances for our kitchen, it will save a vast energy every day. Thus we may can safe our coming child.