You don’t always have baking paper sheets on hand when you’re in the middle of cooking or baking. But that doesn’t mean you have to run to the store! There are plenty of easy substitutes that you probably already have in your kitchen. Here are 5 substitutes for baking paper sheets.
- Silicone baking mats are a great alternative to baking paper sheets. They’re heat-resistant and non-stick, so your food won’t stick to them. Plus, they’re reusable, so you’ll save money in the long run.
- If you don’t have a silicone baking mat, you can use parchment paper. It’s not as non-stick as a silicone mat, but it’s better than nothing! Parchment paper is also heat-resistant and reusable.
- Another option is to use aluminum foil. It’s not as non-stick as parchment paper or silicone mats, but it’s definitely better than using nothing at all. Plus, aluminum foil is very affordable and can be reused multiple times. Just make sure to wash it after each use.
- If you’re out of aluminum foil, you can use wax paper. Wax paper is similar to parchment paper, but it’s not as heat-resistant. However, it’s still better than using nothing because it will prevent your food from sticking to the pan or sheet tray.
- Finally, if you have neither parchment paper nor wax paper, you can use cooking spray. Just be sure to use a light hand so that your food doesn’t end up tasting like chemicals!
Baking paper sheets are great for preventing sticking and making cleanup easy. But if you don’t have any on hand, don’t worry! There are plenty of easy substitutes that you probably already have in your kitchen. Just remember that some substitutes (like aluminum foil) are better than others (like cooking spray) at preventing sticking and making cleanup easy. So choose wisely!