Today we discuss baking cake in air fryer vs oven. If you’re an avid baker, you may have heard of the many advantages that come with using an air fryer. From being able to make healthier versions of your favorite fried foods to cooking quicker than a standard oven, air fryers are becoming increasingly popular in home kitchens all over the world. But what about baking cakes? Is it possible to bake a cake in an air fryer? What are the benefits and drawbacks of baking in an air fryer compared to baking in a conventional oven? Let’s explore!
Air Fryer Vs Oven Cooking Time:
- air fryers cook food up to 30% faster than ovens.
- air fryers use much less oil than ovens, making them a healthier cooking option.
- air fryers are more energy efficient than ovens and require significantly less time to preheat.
- oven temperatures can be preset, while air fryer temperatures must be manually adjusted.
- air fryers cook food to a more consistent level of crispiness than ovens do.
- ovens can cook large amounts of food at one time, while air fryers may not have enough room for large batches.
- air fryers are easier to clean than ovens since they have fewer components.
- ovens can be used for a variety of cooking techniques including baking, broiling, and roasting while air fryers are limited to air frying.
- air fryers are more portable than ovens, making them ideal for taking on the go.
- air fryers are typically less expensive than ovens.
baking cake in air fryer vs oven:
|baking cake in air fryer||oven|
|heat control||an air fryer is more precise when it comes to controlling the heat||an oven typically has a wider range of temperatures.|
|texture||cakes cooked in an air fryer have a crispier texture on the outside and are fluffier on the inside||cakes baked in the oven tend to be denser overall.|
|portion control||an air fryer allows for greater control over the portions being cooked||an oven typically cooks a larger quantity of food at once.|
|versatility||air fryers can be used for a variety of cooking tasks beyond just baking cakes, including frying foods like french fries and wings.||traditional ovens are limited primarily to baking or roasting.|
5 advantages of baking cakes in an air fryer:
- quicker cooking time: baking cakes in an air fryer can significantly reduce the amount of time it takes to bake a cake, often cutting baking times down by half or more.
- less energy usage: traditional ovens use much more energy than air fryers do, making air fryers a much more energy-efficient option for baking cakes.
- more even cooking: air fryers provide a more even and consistent heat than traditional ovens do, resulting in an evenly cooked cake that’s golden brown all the way through.
- healthier results: since air fryers require less oil than conventional methods of baking, you can enjoy a healthier cake that’s lower in fat and calories.
- versatile cooking: air fryers are incredibly versatile pieces of kitchen equipment, so you can use them to bake other treats like brownies, muffins, and cupcakes as well as cakes.
5 disadvantages of baking cakes in an air fryer:
- Small Capacity: Air fryers have a much smaller capacity than traditional ovens, so they are not suitable for making large cakes and other pastries.
- Difficult to Monitor and Control Temperature: It can be difficult to accurately monitor and control the temperature inside an air fryer, which can lead to uneven baking or burning of your cake.
- Longer Baking Times: Because air fryers are not as hot as traditional ovens, baking times will be much longer in an air fryer compared to an oven.
- Fewer Decoration Options: Decorating a cake can be difficult in an air fryer due to its shape and limited access.
- Poor Moisture Retention: Air fryers can dry out cakes quickly because of their hot air circulation, resulting in a drier cake than one baked in an oven.
5 benefits of using baking cake in oven
- quick and easy baking: baking cake in an oven is a quick and simple way to bake cakes without having to worry about babysitting the cake.
- consistent results: since ovens are designed to keep a consistent temperature throughout the baking process, cakes baked in ovens tend to come out with consistent results.
- even baking: ovens are designed to circulate heat, which helps ensure that cakes are evenly baked.
- perfectly browned crust: the uniform heat of an oven helps create a perfectly golden brown crust.
- versatility: ovens can be used to bake a variety of cakes, from simple yellow-butter cakes to complex multi-layer creations. baking in an oven can also be used to create meringue, souffle, and other desserts.
5 drawbacks of using baking cake in the oven:
- the extra cost of energy: baking cakes in the oven requires more energy than other methods, and can therefore increase electricity bills.
- time-consuming: baking cakes in the oven can be a time-consuming process, as it typically requires preheating and longer cooking times.
- difficulty in regulating temperature: oven temperatures can be difficult to regulate and may cause cakes to dry out or become over- or undercooked.
- possible fire hazard: working with open flames can be a dangerous task, and there is always a risk of fire when using an oven.
- limited capacity: many ovens only have one or two shelves, which may restrict the amount of cake that can be cooked at one time. this could be a problem if you are baking large quantities of cake.
faqs for baking cake in air fryer vs oven:
1. Is Air Frying The Same As Baking?
no, air frying and baking are different cooking methods. air frying uses hot air to cook food, while baking is a dry heat method that uses an oven. air frying is typically faster than baking and provides a crunchy texture to the food, while baking tends to be slower and results in a softer texture.
2. Can You Put A Baking Dish In An Air Fryer?
no, it is not recommended to put a baking dish in an air fryer. air fryers are designed for direct contact with the food, and using a baking dish may obstruct the air flow. furthermore, some materials used to make baking dishes can be damaged by high temperatures.
3. Can You Bake A Cake In An Air Fryer Oven?
yes, you can bake a cake in an air fryer oven. the baking time may be slightly shorter than in standard ovens due to the higher temperature of the air fryer. be sure to adjust the time and temperature accordingly.
It’s worth noting that while there are advantages and disadvantages associated with both options, whether you should choose an oven or an air fryer for your cake depends on your individual needs and preferences. Do you need to bake a large cake quickly? An air fryer might be the better choice for you. Do you need consistent results with no fuss? A traditional oven might be more suitable for your needs. Whichever option you choose, happy baking!