Melissa is a mom and cooking fanatic. She enjoys trying various recipes and always searches for the latest appliances to make her kitchen modern. She...Read more
A commercial meat slicer can be a great addition to your kitchen, especially if you love to entertain or have a large family. While these slicers are typically found in restaurants and butcher shops, they can also be purchased for home use. If you’re not sure how to use a commercial meat slicer, don’t worry – we’re here to help. Read on for a step-by-step guide on how to get the most out of your new kitchen appliance.
- Before using your slicer for the first time, be sure to wash all of the parts that will come into contact with food. This includes the blade, food carriage, food pusher, food deflector, and scale plate. Once all of the parts are clean, dry them thoroughly and then reassemble the slicer
- To begin using your slicer, start by turning on the power switch and then adjusting the blade height knob until the blade is in the position you want it to be
- Next, select the thickness of slices you’d like by turning the thickness adjustment knob until the indicator lines up with your desired setting
- Now it’s time to start slicing! Place your food item on the scale plate and hold it in place with the food pusher. Slowly push the food carriage towards the blade while keeping even pressure on both the carriage and pusher handles
- As you get closer to the end of your cutting session, keep a close eye on your fingers and make sure they’re not getting too close to the blade
- When you’re finished cutting, turn off the power switch and unplug the slicer. Remove any remaining food from all of the parts that come into contact with food, then wash and dry those parts before storing them away until next time
A commercial meat slicer can be a great addition to your kitchen arsenal – but only if you know how to use it correctly. Be sure to follow these steps every time you use your slicer in order to keep yourself – and your family – safe while also getting perfectly sliced meats every single time.